- Central Library 2 blocks
- Austin Avenue (Shopping, Hippodrome) .3 to .9 miles
- The Clothesline .3 miles Resale clothing store operated by Mission Waco Mission World, a local Christian non-profit.
- Sul Ross Park - 1301 Barnard (walking path, skateboard park, playground, pavilion, basketball, tennis) .6 mile
- Sul Ross Senior Adult Center - corner of N. 15th & Waco Drive. Tuesday and Thursday nights, $5/person for live band dancing clubs -- visitors welcome.
- Farmer's Market 1 mile
- Magnolia Markets and The Findery 1.4 miles
- Suspension Bridge, Indian Springs Park, food trailer court, Ninfa's, Spice Village, Bangkok Royal 1.5 miles
- Waco Convention Center 1.6 miles
- Waco Tourist Information Center and Texas Ranger Hall of Fame 2.4 miles
Near Northside Neighborhood / Brook Oaks Neighborhood / Sanger-Heights Neighborhood 1 mile
- World Cup Cafe and Fair Trade Market - 1321 N. 15th Street. Kitchen open Mon-Fri 7am-2pm, Sat 8am-2pm (breakfast menu only all day), Sun 11am-2pm (lunch menu only). Fair Trade Market and coffee bar open same hours, plus Mon-Fri 2pm-5pm. World Cup Cafe and Fair Trade Market are part of Mission Waco Mission World, a local Christian faith-based nonprofit, and contribute to the redevelopment of the Near Northside neighborhood. Great breakfast, weekday lunch plate specials, burgers/sandwiches/wraps, chicken salad, chef salad. Try the World Cup Burger and sweet potato fries.
- D's Mediterranean Grill - 1503 Colcord. Homemade Lebanese and Greek food and amazing chicken tenders (fried or grilled) -- some of the best food in town! Cooked to order, so either call ahead for to-go or allow time to visit while your delicious meal is prepared.
- Jubilee Food Market, 1505 N. 15th St. Mon-Sat 8am-8pm, Sun 11am-6pm. Local grocery store funded and supported by our Waco community to address lack of produce and affordable in a "food desert". Open to the public on Dec 1, 2016. When you shop at the store you help support good food for the whole neighborhood. No tobacco, no alcohol sold at the store. Operated by Mission Waco Mission World. Some of the produce is grown next door at Urban REAP (Renewable Energy and Agriculture Project). REAP also sells seasonal plants for your garden like flowers, tomatoes, peppers, herbs, as well as high grade compost created on site with an impressive composting machine that eats 170 lbs of food waste a day.
- Urban Edibles - 1505 N. 15th. Food truck operated by Mission Waco Mission World. Great food with affordable prices. Check their Facebook page for hours and current menu.
- Baked Bliss Baking Company - 1114 N. 15th Street. Our favorite local commercial bakery has now opened their own food truck on Thurs/Fri/Sat -- so stop by to have some pastries and coffee or tea on their deck or get some to go. They also take pre-orders if you have a special event.
- Harp Design Company - 808 N. 15th Street. .9 mile
- El Charro Tapatio - N. 17th & Waco Drive. .4 mile Authentic Mexican food. Seating indoors or on the covered patio.
- Coco's - new location coming in 2017 - just a few blocks away from us at N. 24th & Waco Drive. Snow cones, ice cream. Try a "Love's Nest" - a scoop of ice cream inside a snow cone. Their other location is at 39th & Bosque.
- Seley Park - Corner of N. 18th & Bosque Blvd. .9 mile Walking path, basketball, playground, gazebo, outdoor fitness equipment. .
- Bookstore 2.1 miles
- McLane Stadium 2.5 miles Great place for a walk when no events are there. Good lighting at night, by the river, and beautiful sunset views of the new I-35 bridges. Take a look at Touchdown Alley section and you can run out on the astroturf from the old Floyd Casey Stadium.
- Mayborn Museum 2.7 miles Discovery Center for kids, museum, outdoor historic village, gift shop.
- Ferrell Center 3.1 miles
- Zoo 2.3 miles
- Redwood Shelter, Pecan Bottoms, Disc Golf 2.9 miles. There are about 20 miles of hiking and mountain biking trails in Cameron Park. Let us know if you want suggestions of trail routes to match your desired pace/fitness level.
- Brazos Park East 3.7 miles
North Waco and Lake Shore Drive Areas
- Lula Jane's 2.1 miles Great place for breakfast or lunch.
- Texas State Technical College 8.7 miles
- World Hunger Relief Inc. 8.9 miles A Christian non-profit working farm that trains people in sustainable agriculture. Watch for announcements about "farm days" and other events. Also look for them at the weekly downtown farmer's market.
- Health Camp 2.3 miles. Get the Super Burger (like a homemade "Big Mac"). Shakes. It's been around for generations of Wacoans and visitors to enjoy.
- Clifton 35 miles
- Gatesville 38 miles (with McGregor and Crawford on the way). Gatesville has a beautiful historic court house, and the delightful Coryell County Museum featuring an extensive spur collection and lots of other interesting items from this rural Texas community. Stop for some great barbecue at J&M's or Bare Bones, or mexican food at El Tapitio's. There's also a drive-in movie theater.
- Salado 50 miles
- Glen Rose 70 miles
- Fort Worth 90 miles
- Dallas 97 miles
- Austin 101 miles
Ways to Connect with Waco community during your visit
- Waco Walks - monthly casual walks around Waco, usually accompanied by historical narrative provided by walk organizer. Check facebook page or website for upcoming walks.
- Waco Striders Running Club - weekly group run details, plus list of local 5Ks and other races
- Waco Bicycle Club - weekly group ride details.
- Critical Mass Waco -- on the last Friday evening of the month, groups of bike riders gather in cities across the world for a Critical Mass ride. Waco's group meets at the intersection of 3rd St and Austin Ave by the City Hall fountain. The ride usually lasts about an hour and is a casual pace so that you can have conversations with fellow riders. Bring your own bike, water and helmet.
- Crossfit Waco - contact them about the free intro class on Saturday mornings
- Act Locally Waco - non-profit website with lots and lots of info on upcoming activities and non-profits in Waco area. NEW - one of the ways that ALW raises funds is through donations for a very informative history tour of Waco. Visit their website to see when the next one is scheduled.
- Learn about Other Side of Waco (reservations required)
- Playground tour of Waco: Cameron Park has 3 playgrounds (Pecan Bottoms, Cameron Park Clubhouse, Northern Gateway), Bledsoe-Miller Recreation Center, Mountainview Elementary (park behind it) are just a few.
- Jazz Calendar for Central Texas